home | about | blog | contact | links | music | pictures | racing | guestbook



WEEK 1 | WEEK 2 | WEEK 3 | WEEK 4

Week ending Sunday, February 27th, 2011
Interesting Week

So it's been over a year since I had the surgery on my head and I thought I was completely fine. Not true at all. Last Thursday I had what could only be called a seizure. Essentially, my body writhed and I bit through half of my tongue and passed out. I was talking to a friend on the phone and he said "I heard you screaming in agony and then the phone went dead..."

I must have been out for at least 1-2 hours before I woke up, a mouthful of blood. I had to take myself to the emergency room where the Doctor confirmed that I did indeed have a seizure. He said "From the CT scan I could see there is some damaged tissue from a year or two ago and that's probably where the seizure came from."

My little brother thinks that new blood vessel openings to the damage area might have caused the seizure but the more important issue for me is that the Doctor said "I have to notify the DMV and they will suspend your license." Great. Has nothing to do with me driving, nothing to do with my driving skills and I was not even in a vehicle but it's the DMV that is suspending my license. I mean, I can understand they are being protective but come on. It's the DMV not my parents.

All of this is going on while I have to finish up the projects I have for HP, get my house packed up, get everything on the truck and drive to VA in the next two weeks. Not fun, eh? I am meeting with the Doctor tomorrow (neurologist) to find out what I have to do to avoid having my license suspended for the second time -- neither having anything to do with driving whatsoever.

That's it for this week. I am beat, sick, sore, tired and all I really want to do is sleep and get better. Going to Jack's for dinner tonight but I am not even sure if I'll be able to eat given the way I feel right now...

Have a great week. I'm trying.


Week ending Sunday, February 20th, 2011
Happy Birthday to me tomorrow AND the REAL news!

It's been a whirlwind week for me, that is for sure. The news that I've been holding back to post until it was for sure was the news that I am leaving not only the company I work for but I am also leaving California. :) Honestly, it's time. I've been here a long time and what I will truly miss are the good friends I have made. I can deal without California itself but my friends, that will be the hardest part.

Back in early January I got a call from a Company in VA looking for a Storage Area Network Engineer. The hiring manager called me and we talked for about 1/2 hour. After the interview he said he really liked my qualifications and my experience and asked me what salary I'd be comfortable with so I told him. He said he'd get back to me and I thought that was the end of it. I woke up the next morning with an offer letter sitting in my mailbox and it was more than I asked for. A lot more, really. Enough that I couldn't say no.

This company works on the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) so that's the project I'll be working on. But before I could actually tell my current employer I had to go through their screening process which took about 5 weeks. I finally learned that I had been approved (which I never doubted) last Thursday and then put in my resignation late on Friday. My boss is actually going on vacation starting Monday for a week so I felt that I should let him know before he goes.

I'm really thankful for the opportunity I had here. It's been a good four year run but it was time and I am ready to move on to greater opportunities. I'm especially grateful for how they took care of me and my family when I was injured last year. That was just stand up, good people! And yes, I will miss California but like I said, more than anything, I will miss my friends. :(

Speaking of which, yes! I did again go on a Limo with my friends last night for my birthday (yes, AGAIN, like LAST year) and we had a great time. The time we were supposed to have last year. This time though I knew I didn't want a repeat of last year so I made sure that I stayed on my best behavior. It was great to go out and not have to wear a hat and have to answer the million questions that came when people saw the huge scars on my head. All of those are gone and I'm off the medicine and feel pretty good.

The stitches are coming out next Saturday but in the meantime I have a lot of things to do. I have already put in an application for a Two Bedroom, 3 level town home in Sterling, VA which also has an attached two car garage. I need my "MAN" space -- and a place to park both my truck and my motorcycle. I am going to give the CR250 to someone who will make good use of it but everything else is going with me.

Today I need to work on finding the movers and get all of that taken care of. The last day I THINK at work will be the 11th of March but if necessary I will stay another week to tidy things up. Most people wonder if I am nervous about this but I am not. I am ready to leave CA and on to new Horizons. Speaking of which, I have to find a new Church as well so Pastor Bob and I will be talking about that before I leave.

That's about it for now. No gym work for me until next week after the stitches are out and besides, I need a break! No motorcycle riding either and that's fair too :) Hope you all had a fantastic week and come back for weekly updates so I can let you know where things are at.




Week ending Sunday, February 13th, 2011
Sore -- but it was ALLLLL worth it :)

So I am extremely sore today. Yesterday I had the appointment with the plastique surgeon who went in a fixed the damage left over from the Neurosurgeon. Granted, the Neurosurgeon did a fantastic job keeping me alive a year ago (counting both times I died) but of course there is always something left over. And in my case I had a lot of scar tissue on my head that the hair wouldn't grow so I had this huge blank spot on my head from the top and around the right side of my ear.

That's been ALL FIXED :) The Surgeon did a fantastic job and considering people fly all over the Country to see him I feel very lucky to be able to have him do the work on me. He was even cool enough to call me late last night to make sure I was OK. He said "Bed check!" haha. Really, really great guy and he had a great team of people with him. They didn't sedate me either so I was fully awake during the entire process. I tried to keep them laughing as much as possible.

I was able to drive home later in the day and I basically laid on the couch healing. I didn't want to take the Vicoden but honestly I needed it. My head is really, really sore from all the work he did and it's been really hard to sleep restfully. I am taking off tomorrow and working from home the rest of the week. In fact I am not allowed to go to the gym for two weeks and that is ok. I need a break.

That's all I really have to say for right now. I am tired and need some rest. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Week ending Sunday, February 6th, 2011
February -- almost ONE YEAR LATER!

Well in a few weeks it will have been a year since the whole "knock my head, nearly died -- twice" incident but it's all good. I haven't decided what I am going to do this year (aside from the clean-up surgery next week) but I do know my friends from last year want to be there and they even volunteered to be my "wing men" haha. That's funny :)

So it's been a good, nice and QUIET week, which I rather enjoy! Much like last week I decided to take the CBR up to Palomar Mountain again on Saturday morning. It was a fantastic ride and yes, I did take it easy. The guy taking pictures was up there again so I grabbed a few of them and they are posted HERE with the other ones.

Overall I was busy as ever at work and that was good. I really do enjoy when my day is full of work to do and make a dent in the projects as they are all due soon. Like the ol' Marine Corps adage "Hurry up and wait!" in my case it's "Hurry up and do it now!" LOL! It's ok, once a Marine, always a Marine I guess. Lord knows I have a hard head -- just like them all :)

On Saturday I stayed after Church because I have been trying to talk to Pastor Bob for the past year but he's usually very busy with lots of people that want to talk to him or he's flying to some distant place. I just wanted an opportunity to give him my "testimony" and that's exactly what I got to do. Needless to say he was pretty amazed. I made sure to tell him that I tell others my testimony not to pat myself on my back but to bring glory to God. All that I do, I do in His service. I know a lot of people whom I have given my testimony to it has definitely had a positive effect on them.

On Wednesday I went out with a friend and we had a great time macking on Indian food and hanging out and just talking. I am quite sure we'll be hanging out more often.

As normal the gym workouts are going great and I am really enjoying life and taking it one day at a time. Yes there is more news coming and when I can post about it you'll see it here as soon as I know. Hope you have a great rest of your week and talk to you soon!


space | horizons
copyright brian: 2003 - 2014 (10+ years of boring you all!)
no portion of this site may be copied without permission. site designed and developed by brian